Friday, January 26, 2007

Black Widow Spider Queen shawl?

Every so often, I get an idea that just won't let go of my brain. And the idea of knitting Hazel Carter's Spider Queen shawl in black has been ebbing and flowing inside my knitting neurons for a week or so. Frankly, when the idea occured to me, I decided it was completely insane. So I grabbed some #2 needles and a ball of Gentle from the Yarn Place and made a swatch. The yarn is quite pleasant to use--springy and soft. And really, really thin. And really really black.




I so love it. Sigh. What do you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

black spider queen--I'm swooning!

Dave said...

It is, and will be, breathtakingly gorgeous. Are your eyes up to it, though? Yikes!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it!!! It may make you crazy, but it'll be absolutely gorgeous when you're finished.

Anonymous said...

It looks fabulous! Just make sure you have a nice bright place to knit. Can't wait to see the FO.

LICraftgal said...

Wow that shawl is incredible!!! It is stunning and when its done it will be breathtaking!! Your work is just amazing.
licraftgal
Kelly

Lacefreak said...

Dear Fleegle,

Your swatch looks really great and the yarn looks like it will drape well. If you don't have a natural light lamp, you might consider one. Good Luck with this idea!