Thursday, February 1, 2007

Magical Mobcap Mystery Shawl

Don't ask me why I signed up for a Mystery Shawl group. I already have too much knitting in the queue. It was a moment of weakness that has transformed into many many moments of indescribable monotony. The only challenging part of this shawl is staying awake to knit it. Clue #3 is 48 identical rows of circular ennui. As of row 29, I starting thinking that this sucker would make a really sweet little bag. Or a mobcap. I never before wondered what I would look like in a mobcap. Something like this, perhaps?

Maurice, this mobcap is giving me indigestion.


If you have ever wondered how Furry Yarn's painted Zephyr looks when knitted, now is your chance to see the Desert Rose colorway. I can't decide if I like it, which adds yet another layer of guilty procrastination to this project.


Clue #4 is due out tomorrow. If it's 48 more rows of The Same Thing, you aren't looking at a circular shawl, you are looking at a Sweet Little Bag. I decided that my lifestyle just doesn't work with mobcaps.

4 comments:

Janice in GA said...

It is pretty easy and boring, isn't it? I'm amazed that people actually seem to be having trouble with some of it.

Batty said...

Pinks aren't usually my thing, but this might actually look very ethereal and pretty after a good blocking. Lace never looks good all bunched up like that. Particularly in a handpaint or a variegate.

Lacefreak said...

It's alot pinker than I thought it would be in person. There is always a dilemma if you are "so, so" about a pattern or color. I have that problem right now with something I'm knitting. If you can stand to finish it, you could always donate it to a charity sale at the end of the year. That's what I usually do.

Anonymous said...

It looks like cake! :)

Just think of all the time you could be spending on the Black Widow instead! :)