Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Food Knit



I know my neighbor will read this post and think to herself: Some people have too much time on their hands....

The rest of us will goggle at this publication and wonder how on earth did she do that?

This book is composed entirely of knitted food photos. Sounds sort of stupid, but I am not talking about crude stuffed bananas or your basic felted oranges. These confections are works of art.

A little sushi appetizer...

A fish dinner...


Some Japanese fruits...

A good, old American cheeseburger...

And a mind-boggling tour de force.

The back of the book offers a few simple instructions for making cookies and strawberries--neither of which make me rush to my needle stash. If you want to be amazed by an imaginative knitter, though, order this book.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahem...my kind of high fiber meals!

Batty said...

That fish dinner looks freakin' real! I had to look twice until I realized the fish was knit.

Dave said...

That's incredible. The fish looks totally real, and so does the burger patty. Amazing stuff!

Anonymous said...

What amazing attention to detail! The Sydney Royal Easter show last year had a full knitted roast dinner, right down to the plates and things, but this work is far finer than that was.

LittleBerry said...

:0 it's truly amazing the skill that's needed to construct something like that, they are truly works of art and should be in art galleries.... like the other comments can't get over the fish dinner, that fish is unbelievably real.....

Ceme says said...

WOW! I agree with everybody else, that fish looked real. And the burger ... amazing!

Carol said...

Holy crap! That is impressive.

Kitty Kitty said...

Thats wonderful... I wish I had seen it before today since I just ordered stuff from Amazon jp. I just added it to my wish list for next time.

How truly wonderful... Thank you for sharing

Opal said...

that's amazing! i'm getting hungry just feasting my eyes on all of that.

Iris G said...

Love the fish, love the chestnuts!

Lacefreak said...

I really love that fish with the head on! I think the knitting is just amazing! Everything is done with such finesse. You really have to admire such fine knitting.

Angeluna said...

I am in awe. I would never do this, but I take my hat off to someone who can design and knit like this.

Bogie said...

Wow. Amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Connie said...

Wow, that stuff looks good enough to actually eat. The attention to detail is amazing. The author must have enormous amounts of patience.